Friday 15 December 2006

The new camera

How exciting, we picked up our new camera yesterday and it is fabbo!


I've posted the first ever pictures we took with it, Bevan got to take the first one as he won a bet we had.

Basically we have been putting all our coins into a big money tin (you know those ones with Australian money pictures on the outside) for about 9 months now. Originally Bevan was saving up to buy an iPod but I bought him one for his birthday so we decided to use the money for a new camera to take on our holiday. We bet how much money we thought was in the tin, I said $1000, Bevan said $600, who ever was closest got to take the first picture with the new camera.

We ended up with about $650 in the tin so Bevan won. I must add however that Bevan has been telling me that after he's been out drinking he's been putting $50 notes in the tin. For the record there were absolutely no $50 notes in the tin, I think Bevan goes out drinking spends lots more than he intends to then by way of explaining the missing money convinced himself that he had put heaps of money in the tin. Anyway as I am not one to hold a grudge I let him take the first photo, which as he is such a sweetie he took a photo of me (although I was grumpy cause I didn't feel I looked my best)...















As you can see, at this stage also we weren't 100% on using the camera, I since worked out we had the camera on the manual setting...











The second photo...
















I took this one, but Bevan moved...hopefully over the coming weeks our photography skills will improve!

I will take loads of photos during my epic journey to Queensland this weekend!

No comments: