Friday 20 October 2006

Bogan Drinks...

This afternoon at work we are having Bogan drinks...

It all came about when someone sent around the Bogan test and people had to answer a set of questions and get a Bogan percentage score. Needless to say, it was quite fun, everyone had a laugh and we are now having Bogan drinks. What I didn't realise is that while also being the youngest person in my office, I'm now also known as the biggest Bogan, at a seemingly (to me anyway) moderate score of 57%.

Anyway, amazingly people have been ever so interested in the stories of the things we used to get up to in Brisbane during our teenage years to pass the time. I didn't / don't consider those things Bogan, rather just things we used to do to pass the time, because now when I think about it there wasn't really very much else to do when we were growing up in Brisbane, we had no money, well not enough to go out and entertain ourselves at the movies or bowling or something on a regular basis, we had to entertain ourselves.

So I don't know where wheel of goon or milk crate stacking came from but when you're bored and there is a pile of milk crates I'd start mucking around with them, is that the Bogan gene talking or just a bored aussie!

I'll end my day at work today sucking down a VB, with my co-workers looking at me thinking man what a Bogan, but I feel a fraud, I'm no where near as much a Bogan as the majority of people I know from Brisbane (not intentionally bashing Brisbane here, either most of the Bogan's I know just live there, or Brisbanites are just more honest at letting their Boganism shine through). Maybe find the Bogan test, give it a crack, and let that little bit of Bogan that lives within all of us shine through!

2 comments:

Coop said...

Aww, I was really hoping for a link at the end of that story.

I would really like to see if you're a bigger bogan than I am. I have a sneaking suspicion you will be. After all, you did grow up in Oxley, and go to school in "The Dro". I think that might be the 2 extra points I need to equal you at the elite level of Bogan-ness.

Tho our respective partner's names definately put us in a league of our own. Seriously, who goes out with a girl called "Beer". (It's spelt Bea for those of you who don't know).

Coop said...

HAH!I always knew you were a bigger bogan. Let me guess, you answered yes to going down the shops in your PJs...?

It turns out I'm a well rounded 50% bogan.