Friday 29 September 2006

It might just be a pandemic...

Pandemic... existing in the form of a widespread epidemic that affects people in many different countries.

Hold onto your seats girls and boys, forget about bird flu, there is something far more serious hitting our shores.


Over the last few months I've received phone calls, emails, whispers from friends that yet another acquantance has been affected... yes, I'm sure you've all seen evidence of it as well - it's babies...

A few years ago all you would see in the paper is articles warning us that the birth rate in Australia was dropping so much that our population wasn't sustaining itself. Well, I saw an article last week that said this was no longer an issue - us 'Aussies' have turned this around!

I love babies, I think they are really cute, etc, but the fact that so many people I know are having babies makes me a little bit sad really.

I've realised that people are onto my plan, I worked out that the only way I'll ever be able to get a good 10 years off work is to have babies, and bang all around me other people are taking advantage of this great idea.

I would like to say congrats to everyone out there who is pregant, it's really fantastic, just don't make me too jealous with the 'I've never been so happy in my life' comments, or I'll start making the 'man, I'm so glad I can drink cocktails on the beach in the sun' comments back!

1 comment:

Coop said...

well Poo-face, I personally don't like babies. But then, I think that might stem from my contempt of old people. Cause when you break it down, they are quite similar. Both need a lot of attention/affetion. Most need a diaper change daily, if not more. And when they speak they often don't make any sense. And then of course there is the matter of a sever lack of teeth, and hence a liking of various mashed vegetables and fruits.

But on the other hand, if you read this comment, don't think of me as some lonely miser sitting in an empty house. I'm sure if I searched hard enough I would find a reason to bring a child into this earth. Matter of fact, while in the shower the other day I fouund myself thinkning of what name I would give my child (if i ever had one). This was a very scary thought for me, and I ridded my mind of it by promptly getting drunk. This (getting drunk) is just one of many activities that you really should not do if you are about to, or have just, had a baby...

but anyway, this isn't my blog, so I feel my rantings are misplaced... Prehaps tomorrow I will find myself in a state to have a decent rant on the subject. However, I would suggest if you have children, or are about to, do not look it up. As I have a habit of being extremely insesitive and blunt when writing about such sensitive topics online.

http://jiggawoot.blogspot.com

much love.
_ Ad